Tuesday 10 July 2012

The Gypsy Girl

She's baaaack!! Haha yeah so i've been a bit slack with this blogging thing. But its totally not my fault. The place where i was staying pretty much didn't have wifi. So i'll tell all of you lovely people whats been happening lately! Firstly, i'm no longer an orphan! My dad has finally been returned to me! (Sorry Mom) I hadn't ever realized how much i didn't like being lonely! Turns out... i don't like it a lot! Haha! But golly that was sure a trying week! I would be totally fine during the day, have fun, laugh, all that good stuff! But then i'd get 'home' and have to just go to bed and not have anyone to chat with--that was the yucky part. However, although most of my friends have begun their summer vaca's and such, i've had my super awesome boyfriend Jeffry to hang with! Its been SO nice having him around! The afternoons and evenings don't feel the least bit lonely then! Him and his family have been super crazy awesome to me! Secondly, HEATWAVE!! Thats one of the biggest things thats been going on! The weather we've been having is (sorry farmers) incredible!! It was like 35, or something equally as crazy today! Yesterday me, Jeff, our friend Lindsey, and her siblings went swimming/cliff jumping at the gravel pits! Gosh is that ever a lot of fun! This summers been super nice! However, even though its been so warm its kind of been sucky in 2 ways. #1: All the heat is making things dry up and #2: All those dried up things are starting to catch on fire and threaten our minuscule hamlet of La Crete. And i'd like to think i'm pretty tough when it comes to campfires and the smoke associated, but this is ridiculous. The smoke coming from these fires is HORRIBLE!! Like, hurts my stomach-horrible! But hopefully the handy dandy firefighters get these bad boys out soon so all will be well in La Crete! Another thing thats been going on is that we've relocated once again! Me and my pops are house/dog sitting! So its fairly permanent! (about a month or so!) Its nice to have our "own place" now. Sharing with someone for too long can get to be too much to handle! In other news: me and Jeff are hoping to make our way down to Riverside Bible Camp this weekend possibly!! (Maybe we'll even grab Lindsey, and make a road/camping trip out of it!) I'm pretty excited. Like really excited. So, as you can see, not too much has been happening in my life lately. But i've been enjoying it nonetheless!! Well i'm thinking its time for this tired travelling gypsy girl to once again hit the hay. 

Good night y'all! 
Al


Our beautiful view up the road in Kamloops




The boys testing out the gravel pit water 

No comments:

Post a Comment